We gratefully acknowledge the many other contributors to GO annotation efforts:
- Gramene, Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, USA
- The J. Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
- PAMGO, Wells College, Aurora, NY, USA and PAMGO, Virginia Bioinformatics Institute, VA, USA
- AspGD, Stanford, CA, USA; CGD, Stanford, CA, USA; Sanger GeneDB, Hinxton, UK;
- InterPro European Molecular Biology Laboratory-European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, UK
- IntAct, (EMBL-EBI), Hinxton, UK
- seudoCAP, British Columbia, Canada
- SGN, Ithaca, NY, USA
- As of 2012, the GO is automatically classified using the ELK Reasoner developed by Yevgeny Kazakov and colleagues from the Knowledge Representation and Reasoning group at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Oxford. The GO also uses the HermiT reasoner, developed by the same group.
The Gene Ontology Consortium would also like to thank the following institutions:
- Oxford University Press for permission to reproduce text from the Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology within the definitions of Gene Ontology terms.
- GitHub and SourceForge for hosting online discussions and downloads of GO software.