File Format Guide
The GO File Format Guide documents the structure and syntax of the files available on the GO website, to assist users who need to read, write parsers for, or create these files.
The following file formats are documented separately:
- OBO 1.4[draft] (ontology file format)
- OBO 1.2 (ontology file format)
- OBO 1.0 (ontology file format)
- GO RDF-XML
- GO annotation ("gene association") file format
- External mapping file format
Ontology Flat File Formats
The GO Consortium no longer uses or supports files in the legacy GO format. Should you require a file in this format, the command-line script obo2flat can be used to interconvert between OBO format and the legacy GO format. obo2flat is a Java script and comes as part of the OBO-Edit package; instructions on usage are provided in the OBO-Edit User Guide.